Wednesday 7 March 2007

Sam and his 'Grade 8'

Today on the buss was SOOO funny. We started to talk about music and I said I was going to take up tenor sax. Then later on I said I knew a girl called Helen who was grade 8 on flute and that was fantastic. Then this boy called Sam who now sits on the back of the buss (think he’s trying to take over Dean’s position as the dominant male!!) said he was grade 8 on sax but he gave up as he found it boring. I thought this was odd as if you found it boring you wouldn’t take it all the way to grade eight. But I gave him a chance. I asked what sort of music he liked playing and he said Jazz. Good answer. I then asked him what sort of sax he had played, meaning soprano, alto, tenor or bass. His response…Jazz saxophone! Now my lie detectors are tingling even more than they were before. So I asked him what make his sax was. I was very nice and gave him some options. I said Jupiter, Yamaha or Yansgette (like Yanagisawa but I thought I’d throw in a weird word to trick him, see if he really knew his stuff). He pondered for a second and then said his Granddads sax, the one he’d been taught on, was a Yansgette!!!! First…if he was sooooo good he’d have a sax of his own and second there’s no such thing!!! Hummm. Me thinks we have a little porky teller!!! I’m going to ask him more musical questions tomorrow to test his ‘musical knowledge’!!!

4 comments:

Fruitcake!! said...

Heehee...that really amused me. I think you could keep playing along with this for quite some time until he makes himself look really stupid. Maybe throw in some theory questions as he must have passed his grade 5 if he has grade 8 :P

Just Tim said...

lol, what a jerk! wat did you ask him today?

Emma said...

Te, he... I asked him more questions today and this time he said he was grade 9!!! wtf!!! Then i couldn't hold it in any longer (as Alex, Jodie and I were laughing sooo much!) I just told him we thought he was, ah hem, bullshitting (whoops naughty word). He went very red, but kept up with the fact he was grade 9! He's now 'Sam, Sam, my little music man!'

Just Tim said...

lmao... i like that name its got a ring 2 it :D